Friday, February 12, 2016

Hamilton, rat allergies, shopping addictions and pumpkin bread.

We spent a week at my moms house because cooper went on a weekend ski trip with his med school buddies in south east West Virginia. 
Cooper had a lot of fun and was so happy to finally be able to snowboard :D hopefully someday when our kids are older, Coop will take me on a ski trip and teach me how to ski/snowboard⛷πŸŽΏπŸ‚❤️❤️ in the meantime.. He takes me to concerts! For our valentines present to each other we are going to a Bruce Springsteen concert. 

Anyways.. We went to Nanna's house so me and the kids wouldn't have to be alone in our house for a weekend. It was so fun and I always love going to my mom's house. 
A few things happened. 
Bruce has shown to be quite delicate in his piano skills these days. Maybe he'll be like his daddy and be self taught because he just likes to plunk around. 
Then of course... Finn, mom and I bonded over weird movies, lots of chocolate cake and making fun of each other relentlessly.  Because it's hilarious. We've all got it together while being a hot mess and it's glorious. 
The babies had an unfortunate lack of time spent outdoors. This was the only sunny day. We spend another day when it snowed sludging around the yard to get the energy juices out a bit but that got old quick. 
 Mom's birthday. That's when I hand painted a giant birthday card and made my famous 2am cake. We sang the happy birthday song on super speed because we think it's the most awkward song ever but you can't not sing something so we got it over with quick. 

On another note.. I have a online shopping addiction and almost bought this dress. As it so happens, all of the things I bought for a dollar from
Shanghi and Tokyo and Hong Kong came in the mail the week I was gone so my husband now knows about my addiction. Thanks, mailman. 
Melia babe learned a few things while at Nanna's house. She practiced standing up alone in prep for walking. And she overcame a little of the stranger danger and mommy-girl attitude from being around everyone for so long:D yay malia! She's really growing up and I'm actually JUST happy about it! No bitter in the sweet! We plan to have more babes so I don't feel the need to hang too tight to the baby stages. I'm just loving watching her learn and become so vibrant and confident. I can't wait as well for her to match up with Bruce as soon as possible so they can truly be best little friends and play together. 
So, one of the cutest moments
Of the week was when Bruce would take his bottle and go over to Nanna's bed while she was at work to snuggle in her covers and drink his bottle. He loves his Nanna so much. 


When we go to Nanna's house we like to do lots of cooking and baking for her. So recently I've discovered a divine pumpkin bread recipe and we made a double batch before we left to go back to West Virginia! Bruce dipped his finders deep into the batter whenever I let him get a taste and then insisted in keeping the bowl for tastes after I had stuck the bread in the oven. Warms my mommy heart to be making memories and creating a childhood for my babes full of warm pumpkin bread and other fun and comforting things. 


As it turns out, I am VERY allergic to rats. And as it happens... Finn owns two of them. So after almost a week of living on Benadryl and still having a itchy puffy face, I called Cooper to come save me. He drove up to bring me home early and we were all so excited to see him after a week of being away from each other!! 
Cooper, Amelia and I went on a little date to schmidts sausage house where we got the buffet and shared a cream puff. Amelia is obsessed with German potatoes, sour kraut and especially cream puff cream. 
Side note: on our 3hour drive home, coop and I listened to this musical that's on Broadway now AND Spotify... Just... Just trust me. Go listen to "Hamilton" on Spotify written by Lin-Manuel Miranda.
It's so weird and so awesome
And so hilarious and so worth your time and ear attention. 



No comments:

Post a Comment