Thursday, January 21, 2016

Amelia Mae

I want to remember some of the silly little things that make my babies unique even at the tiniest of ages. 

Lately something about Amelia's personality has been sticking out to me. 
She does not like to be touched. Nope. Not even a feather of a touch on her head. If she's not in the specific mood to be chill with you, she will recoil or push your face haha!! 
The reason this has been sticking out to me lately is for two reasons. 1) Bruce is the complete opposite and let's me do whatever I want -- clean his nose, kiss him incessantly, too many hugs-- you name it, he's pretty chill with it. 
2) Amelia has been making an exception to this rule in the past few days. And it melts my heart. 
This is her about 4x a day.. And guess where she is resting?!? On ME! She specifically wants to sleep on mommy lately with her teething aches and sadnesses. It's so sweet and different how she just snuggles into me so quickly for comfort. 
I know she might usually be an independent little sass and that's amazing. But I love knowing she trusts me and finds comfort and safety and relief from pain in my arms! There is nothing in my life that can compare to being a mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment