Saturday, September 5, 2015

Empower outage

Dear pizza delivery man, 

We are sorry for making you come out in the rain and hail and humidity. But not sorry enough to actually stop us from ordering this yummy pizza. 
I wish I had gotten a picture of the poor guy... He looked like a giant wet puppy dog. I gave him a juicy tip though because I felt very guilty. 
Bruce felt no guilt because he's 2 and has no idea what's going on. 

So, this is the second power outtage in one month. I'm not complaining, but I am scared of the dark and I'm thinking I'll have to use my adorable yummy smelling festive autumn candles for light tonight. 

I might be a little scared and also worried about the food I just bought in my fridge BUT I also love that when the power goes out it's a automatic adventure card and you can basically do whatever you want and act like it's nessisary for your survival. 

Poor delicious candles.. Seriously these were not made to be burnt for light. At least I have ice cream for when the yummy smell makes me want to eat things. 

On a serious note, I've felt like I've been leaning a lot on the Savior to get me through the challenges that I'm positive were not given to me to do alone. It brings me happiness when I realize how much strength to endure comes from Jesus Christ. So this experience being alone with the kids, and soon in the dark, I looked for something to comfort me in my little bit of anxiety. 
I found this wonderful gem: 
Jeffery R. Holland said, 
"But God knew the challenges they would face, and He certainly knew how lonely and troubled they would sometimes feel. So He watched over His mortal family constantly, heard their prayers always, and sent prophets (and later apostles) to teach, counsel, and guide them. But in times of special need, He sent angels, divine messengers, to bless His children, reassure them that heaven was always very close and that His help was always very near." 

This link goes to the entire talk. Seriously take 5 minuets and read it. I love Elder Holland! 
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2008/10/the-ministry-of-angels?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment